Man, 37 dies from electrocution in Delta

By Akpos Ogenetega,

Late William Madu

A 37-year old man, William Madu was on Sunday afternoon electrocuted while trying switch-over from a generating set to electricity power in Sapele, Delta State.

The sad incident which at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road has thrown the entire Madu’s family into mourning, as the deceased is said to be the breadwinner of the family who is taking care of his aged father and siblings.

Late William Madu our correspondent gathered who works with a water processing company was watching a sitcom in his house when the incident happened.

An eyewitness who spoke to ADVOCATE in confidence said: “William was watching TV when BEDC restored power supply and because the generator was outside, he left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power source from the building before we could rescue him”

It was further gathered that William died before they could get him to the hospital “as I speak to you his body is at present in the mortuary.

The incident was said to have also caused damage to many electrical appliances in the building.

The aged father of the deceased who is presently in shock may not be able to recover from the death of his only son; a neighbour described the young man’s death as devastating to the Madu’s family.

Share this news

Subscribe to the Advocate News letter and receive news updates daily in your inbox.

Check Also

Nigeria’s Vice President Shettima Heads Delegation to AFCON Finals: Super Eagles Ready for Rematch with Côte d’Ivoire

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has directed Vice President Kashim Shettima to lead a presidential delegation …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *