Advocate News
Delta News

Guest allegedly dies of suspected poison in a new hotel at Ughelli

Advocate.ng Breaking News

By Gabriel Oghenekaro,

A yet to be identified male guest has died from alleged poison at a popular hotel premise, located along the Ughelli axis of the East/West road in Ughelli North local government area of Delta State.

Though the report was sketchy as of the time of this report, it was gathered that the guest was seen vomiting blood at the hotel premises and later died in one of the toilets.

A source who claimed to be an eyewitness alleged that the deceased has been a guest at the hotel for over six months until his untimely death, adding that he might have died of suspected poisoning or drug overdose.

The management of Wetland Hotel Ughelli confirmed the death but, however, denied that the victim died of poison, alleging that he died of tuberculosis.

They alleged that the guest did not lodge in the hotel but only attended a wedding reception at the hotel.

It was gathered that the deceased died in one of the toilets at about 2 pm and his corpse was evacuated at about 8 pm the same day.

When contacted, the General Manager of Wetland Hotel, who identified himself as Samuel said, “The story is not true and what happened is that the hotel is operated by different management entirely.

“What happened is what has happened before, the person came for a wedding ceremony and sometimes when I hear people open their mouth to talk rubbish, it irritates me and I believed that Nigerians should grow past the stage of talking because they want to talk.

ALSO READ  Oborevwori mourns Bishop Diamond Emuobor’s demise  

“The family confirmed that the guy has Tuberculosis and that death was as the result of his health issues and his family confirmed it, they came to the premises, the police were involved and the family said they don’t police.

“The police from Ughelli ‘A’ Division was contacted immediately and they came. They even took shots of the scene, the bloodstains on the floor of the hall and the toilet where he died. So, when people came to say what they don’t know, it irritates me. The family came to collect the remains of their brother and confirmed to us that he was a tuberculosis patient.

“Where the incident took place, does not have any business with the hotel, they did not have any business with the hotel because it is being managed by different people entirely.

“This hotel is different from that business because it does not benefit from the hall.

“You know when people say the guy was poisoned, it makes me laugh like I rightly said, the family confirmed that the guy has tuberculosis and in the process of the wedding, he was coughing and coughing and coughing and before they could get a vehicle.

“Not in the hotel. Many Ughelli people were there and they can confirm that it was not in the hotel but in the party and the story people are giving is all rubbish.

Revealing further, Wetland Hotel General Manager, Ughelli, Samuel said, “The police came because we invited them to come and did their investigations, the guy was vomiting blood very closed to the DJ man inside the hall.

ALSO READ  SENATE 2019: I am not contemplating stepping down for anyone –Uduaghan

“So all the saying that the guy died in the toilet is all rubbish and nonsense talks. The bag he was carrying there was blood inside and that means he is aware of his blood.”

However, when contacted the Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Edafe Bright said, “The command was not in receipt of such report as it did not come to the police after findings, we were not able to confirm it.”

Leave a Comment

* By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.

Advocate Nigeria