The Isoko North Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP have read on several social media platforms, a misdirected and malicious publication, lies and attacks against the leadership of the Party and two of its prominent leaders by some faceless characters hiding under a pseudo, Isoko Renaissance Group, IRG on the position of the party in the forthcoming Local Government and is constrained to make certain clarification for the information and knowledge of the party’s teeming members, supporters and the general public.
– Zoning of elective and appointive positions including offices of the executive of the party remains an integral feature of the party as enshrined in the party’s constitution. It is aimed at promoting fairness, equity and justice.
For emphasis sake, Section 7 (2) (c) of the PDP Constitution states that ”in pursuant of the principles of equity, justice and fairness the party shall adhere to the policy of rotation and zoning of the party and public elective offices and it shall be enforced by the appropriate executive committee at all levels”
– The PDP in Isoko North has since its formation in 1998 effectively zoned elective, appointive and party positions between the two Constituencies, i.e, Isoko North Constituency I of Ozoro, Ofagbe, Ellu, Oyede and Okpe-Isoko and Constituency II of Owhe, Emevor and Iyede.
– The decision not to alter the present arrangements of political offices between the two constituencies in the Local Government till 2024 was mutted by the Isoko North leadership caucus of the party and was ratified by the party Local Government Executive, the Local Elders Council, the respective Ward Executives of the party and other organs of the leadership of the Party.
The zoning of various offices is between the two Constituencies and not to Wards or Communities as erroneously speculated in the IGR publication.
– Rt Hon. Leo Ogor and Rt Hon. Tim Owhefere is respected leaders of the party in the Local Government deserving of respect by all members of the party.
– The talk of hijacking the structure of the party is therefore incorrect and exist only in the imagination of peddlers of such disingenuous propaganda.
Isoko North PDP
December 16, 2020